Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Introduction

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

coffebt

White Jersey
I’ve lived for two years in Carbondale after a lifetime in the Peoria/Pekin metro area of Central Illinois. I have done mostly road cycling (max was a century) and charity rides for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Those were large events of 400-7,000 cyclists. I’ll probably do more trail riding in Southern Illinois using my 27 year-old steel Raleigh hybrid than with my 2014 aluminum/carbon FELT because of road conditions down here. So far my favorite rides have been the Tunnel Hill Trail and the easy trail at Touch of Nature.

I’ve lived for two years in Carbondale after a lifetime in the Peoria/Pekin metro area of Central Illinois. I have done mostly road cycling (max was a century) and charity rides for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Those were large events of 400-7,000 cyclists. I’ll probably do more trail riding in Southern Illinois using my 27 year-old steel Raleigh hybrid than with my 2014 aluminum/carbon FELT because of road conditions down here. So far my favorite rides have been the Tunnel Hill Trail and the easy trail at Touch of Nature.
Don't be afraid to ride the aluminum/carbon build down here. There are some rough roads, but if you head south of 13 there is some smoother roads that direction!

Back