Southern Illinois Cycling Community

New Features Added!

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Howdy folks,

I've added some new features to the forum to make it better for everyone. I hope you enjoy them:

Member Badges
I've added various Badge Awards that you can automatically earn for doing various things on the forum, like posting. These awards are just for fun. You can see an example of some of the badges on my profile here:

Your profile also has a Badges section which shows you earned badge awards.

I'll add more as the forum grows to keep it entertaining.

Link Directory
Know of a great cycling-related website? Add it to our link directory. We can grow a large cycling link directory, which will be useful to everyone. If you have ideas on more categories for the directory, let me know.

Resources
Resources are various cycling-related uploaded and externally linked resources such as route GPS files. If you have ideas for more categories, please feel free to let me know.

Media
Media is our photo gallery. You can create your own albums or add to predefined categories. You have 100 MB of space and can upload images of 1 MB or smaller.

Smaller Updates
  • Added the ability to embed hundreds of different online videos
  • Added extended daily statistics to the forum stats widget
  • Added Robot indicators to understand what bots index the forum
  • Added a Standards Library for prorgamming-compatability
A big thank you to everyone who's join so far! I'm glad to see the forum growing!

Hey Shawn, thanks for pulling this together!

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a calendar feature that could be enabled? That'd be great for listing cycling events, recurring group rides, etc.
No calendar feature. I’ll look into getting one though!

We have a section for listing rides though: Bike Races and Organized Rides

Hey Shawn, thanks for pulling this together!

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a calendar feature that could be enabled? That'd be great for listing cycling events, recurring group rides, etc.
Howdy there @jmaaks - Just wanted to update you and let you know I found a good Calendar addon. I hope to get it installed and ready for use over the weekend :) thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one!

Back