Southern Illinois Cycling Community

What do you fuel with on your ride?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

Different sources depending on the type of ride. Long solo endurance: Fig bars and Sword drink mix. Long group rides: gels and drink mix (i suck at eating on these). Short rides (under 2 hours): suck it up and eat after

Different sources depending on the type of ride. Long solo endurance: Fig bars and Sword drink mix. Long group rides: gels and drink mix (i suck at eating on these). Short rides (under 2 hours): suck it up and eat after
What's sword drink mix?

I prefer fasting for morning rides. But afternoon rides I use GU gels as for drink mix I typically use bcaa drink mix. The amino mixes usually have enough electrolytes in them.
GU is definitely my go-to. It used to make me sick to eat it. Now I like it a lot.

Sword drink mix. It's similar to other drink mixes (240kcal | 30g carbs | 400mg Na). I'm fully aware that it's not the perfect ratio of hydration and carbs, but I'm hesitant to move away because I've used it for so long. May try scratch this year, but not sure.
That's why I stick to GU tabs. I've used them for a long time. I also did Hammer Nutrition tabs and they were really good.

Reactions: Rom
Back