Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Anyone been to the Smokies?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

I've been a few times. Never for hiking or mtb but there is a pretty good breakfast joint there in Sevierville called Applewood Farmhouse Grill. Worth a stop if you're in the area for breakfast/lunch. I think where you're staying is pretty good. You could easily pop down to Tapoco/Fontana Dam/Robbinsville area and drive some pretty cool roads (Tail of the Dragon and Moonshiner 28). Lot's to do in the area, not the biggest fan of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville but where you're at is nice.

I've been a few times. Never for hiking or mtb but there is a pretty good breakfast joint there in Sevierville called Applewood Farmhouse Grill. Worth a stop if you're in the area for breakfast/lunch. I think where you're staying is pretty good. You could easily pop down to Tapoco/Fontana Dam/Robbinsville area and drive some pretty cool roads (Tail of the Dragon and Moonshiner 28). Lot's to do in the area, not the biggest fan of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville but where you're at is nice.
Thank you! I'm excited about it. Hope I see a few bears!

Funny story, first time I went down to the smokies I was on a motorcycle. I had 2 fears for the trip, 1) someone flicking a cigarette out of the window and it going up my leg of my pants and 2) bears falling out of trees on me. My logic skills are something

Funny story, first time I went down to the smokies I was on a motorcycle. I had 2 fears for the trip, 1) someone flicking a cigarette out of the window and it going up my leg of my pants and 2) bears falling out of trees on me. My logic skills are something
The cigarette thing would definitely keep me nervous LOL

But the bear thing is pretty funny!!

Back