Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Howdy

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

azemon

White Jersey
Charter Member
Thanks for accepting me into the forum. I got back into bicycling when I retired in 2021. That turned into bicycle touring (which baffles my wife). I rode from St. Peters, MO to Minneapolis last May. This year, I am riding from Valmeyer to Marietta, GA. I came here when I thought I would need help crossing the Ohio River into Paducah but, since applying for my account, I rerouted so that i can camp at Garden of the Gods. Then I'll use the ferry at Cave in Rock to cross the river.

Cheers,
-- Art Z.

Hey Art, I did a ride from southern illinois to Land between the lakes last year. We rode over the Brookport bridge, not an ideal section of road by any stretch but it's doable if you didnt want to ride all the way down to cave-in-rock

Thanks for accepting me into the forum. I got back into bicycling when I retired in 2021. That turned into bicycle touring (which baffles my wife). I rode from St. Peters, MO to Minneapolis last May. This year, I am riding from Valmeyer to Marietta, GA. I came here when I thought I would need help crossing the Ohio River into Paducah but, since applying for my account, I rerouted so that i can camp at Garden of the Gods. Then I'll use the ferry at Cave in Rock to cross the river.

Cheers,
-- Art Z.
Welcome to the community, Art! Glad to have you here :)

Back