Southern Illinois Cycling Community

What type of portable pump?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

Manual or CO2 pump?

• Manual

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • CO2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I used a manual floor pump for the first 7 years of riding. I recently bought a electric pump (Fanttik X8) and I won't be going back. It packs nicely into my to-go bag for racing/riding, and although it's not as fast as a floor pump, I'm typically not running late for rides. (If your on time, you're 15 min late mentality)

So I used a manual floor pump for the first 7 years of riding. I recently bought a electric pump (Fanttik X8) and I won't be going back. It packs nicely into my to-go bag for racing/riding, and although it's not as fast as a floor pump, I'm typically not running late for rides. (If your on time, you're 15 min late mentality)
Hmmm. I've never considered one of those! I might have to jump on that ship!

Reactions: Rom
Hmmm. I've never considered one of those! I might have to jump on that ship!
Agree, if you don't arrive early, stress stinks and you may forget something. Worst part of cycling is it takes much more prep time and after ride down-time than running.

Agree, if you don't arrive early, stress stinks and you may forget something. Worst part of cycling is it takes much more prep time and after ride down-time than running.
I d a lot of traveling with my bike and kit. I've managed to be able to get to a spot about an hour early, be able to get everything I need to be able to perform well within that time. Not fast but considering 20-40 minutes of that is warming up it's not bad.

Back