Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Best mountain biking in southern Illinois?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

What's the best area for mountain biking in Southern Illinois?

• Touch of Nature

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • GlenDixon

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Kinkaid

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cedar Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey Shawn! Dixons trails drain very quickly, and the wet muddy spots are there with or without recent rains, due to the bedrock just under the topsoil (pooling water). I've ridden there following 3 solid days of rain and the trails were great, just had deeper creek crossings.

Hey Shawn! Dixons trails drain very quickly, and the wet muddy spots are there with or without recent rains, due to the bedrock just under the topsoil (pooling water). I've ridden there following 3 solid days of rain and the trails were great, just had deeper creek crossings.
I'll have to ride it one day after the rain to see what it's like. I know Touch is way more fragile.

Pyramid State Recreation Area near Pickneyville has about 16 miles of bike-able trails.

Generally flat/rolling but has a few steeper loose punchy climbs/descents and works it's way around some lakes and algae-covered ponds. Not heavily-travelled so wildlife viewing good and nice flora around...

Trails are shared with horses so a little chewed up but a not a bad ride if in the area.

Last edited:
Pyramid State Recreation Area near Pickneyville has about 16 miles of bike-able trails.

Generally flat/rolling but has a few steeper loose punchy climbs/descents and works it's way around some lakes and algae-covered ponds. Not heavily-travelled so wildlife viewing good and nice flora around...

Trails are shared with horses so a little chewed up but a not a bad ride if in the area.
I've wondered about those trails. It's always been on my list to go hike or bike one of these days.

Back