Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Getting back on the saddle

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

I’ve lived in this area the majority of my life. Started mountain biking in my mid 20s, and rode several trails for about 10 years(2003-2013). Some of my favorites are the trails at Lake Glendale and around One Horse Gap. I just got busy with work and life and quit riding trails. I would do a casual ride on my hard tail on streets around home occasionally. Fast forward to past year, I’ve been slowly trying to get back into riding again. Have been to Lake Glendale couple times this year. It’s hard getting back in shape.

I’ve lived in this area the majority of my life. Started mountain biking in my mid 20s, and rode several trails for about 10 years(2003-2013). Some of my favorites are the trails at Lake Glendale and around One Horse Gap. I just got busy with work and life and quit riding trails. I would do a casual ride on my hard tail on streets around home occasionally. Fast forward to past year, I’ve been slowly trying to get back into riding again. Have been to Lake Glendale couple times this year. It’s hard getting back in shape.
Getting back in shape is difficult for sure. The bike surgeon should be back to leading a multi-fitness ride out at the touch of nature mountain bike trails once the weather gets a bit better on Wednesday nights. The trails aren't as technical at lower speeds, but the difficulty increases as the speeds increase. Come out and join us!

Back