Southern Illinois Cycling Community

Riding in the elements

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

I'm not exactly one of those hearty cyclists that absolutely hates the trainer, so it doesn't take too much to push me inside. Wind meh, that's just how we get down, ride better in the wind, race better in the wind. In terms of rain, if it raining I won't go out, if I get caught in it, that's fine. If it's cold enough to snow, it's MTB weather, and the chisel gets its yearly ride.

I'm not exactly one of those hearty cyclists that absolutely hates the trainer, so it doesn't take too much to push me inside. Wind meh, that's just how we get down, ride better in the wind, race better in the wind. In terms of rain, if it raining I won't go out, if I get caught in it, that's fine. If it's cold enough to snow, it's MTB weather, and the chisel gets its yearly ride.
Colder weather is what often stops me the most. I do enjoy hiking a lot so I get my exercise that way but here lately, I've been pushing myself to bike when it's cold. That initial chill to my face is what gets me the most.

Back