Southern Illinois Cycling Community

What got you into cycling in the first place?

Welcome to our community

Be apart of the ONLY Southern Illinois Cycling Community, Register Today, It's Free!

Started dating a girl in 2017 who was into cycling. Agreed to join for some rides (I died on an easy course for our first ride), but swore off lycra. Got my butt kicked by that ride, but momma didn't raise no quitter so I kept pushing. 7 years later, shes my wife and supports all my stupid cycling related excursions.

Started dating a girl in 2017 who was into cycling. Agreed to join for some rides (I died on an easy course for our first ride), but swore off lycra. Got my butt kicked by that ride, but momma didn't raise no quitter so I kept pushing. 7 years later, shes my wife and supports all my stupid cycling related excursions.
Great story!

Mine was 2012 and I realized I was in my mid-20s and bound to dead because of the terrible lifestyle I led. Scared me. I started biking at Tunnel Hill and fell in love with it. Bought a road bike and fell even more in love with it. Just bought the gravel bike and now I'm even more in love with it haha.

Biking was how I got into hiking, too.

Reactions: Rom
Great story!

Mine was 2012 and I realized I was in my mid-20s and bound to dead because of the terrible lifestyle I led. Scared me. I started biking at Tunnel Hill and fell in love with it. Bought a road bike and fell even more in love with it. Just bought the gravel bike and now I'm even more in love with it haha.

Biking was how I got into hiking, too.
Similar story, just doing stupid mid-20s things.

Back